- King Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20:1-30. Judah was threatened by foreign powers – King Jehoshaphat’s response:
- Sought the Lord for help
- The Nation was called to fast and pray
- The Nation came together to seek help from the Lord, indeed they came from every town in Judah to seek the Lord.
- Prayer for the Nation led by Jehoshaphat, followed by prophetic direction and encouragement
- Worship, obedience and courage to obey the word of the Lord
- Result – Fear of the Lord and Impact on all the Nations.
During early November 2017, we are believing that this passage of Scripture has a particular significance for the next stage of CTNTP – more will be revealed by early December.
- Jonah – Book of Jonah – went to Nineveh, the capital of the Assyrian Empire and called the Nation to Repentance
- King George VI – called The Nation To Prayer several times during World War II
Perhaps most significantly on 26th May 1940, as close to defeat, the entire British Army was trapped at Dunkirk. A miraculous rescue then took place.
- Awareness of the urgency of the times and to pray and seek the Lord
- Asking the Lord for help
- Fasting and praying
- Coming together as one to seek help from the Lord
- Prayers from the heart, including prophetic declaration