Just received from the Elim Pentecostal Church in the UK:
‘With the British Exit (Brexit) from the European Union fast approaching the date when it is due to go into effect, there are many questions and opinions exercising all who are involved in the negotiations.
For those who are waiting to know what steps are being taken and their effect on the daily life and function of all, there are questions relating to the practical effect that Brexit will have. Beyond all this, for those who trust in God and His direction, there are many prayers ascending to the Throne of Grace. Let our prayers not be reactionary but rather, let our prayers be based on the Word of God.
It was King George VI who, in the crises of World War Two, reminded us of the quote from the poem, ‘The Gate of the Year’ by Minnie Haskins – ‘Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.’
What better advice is there that can be taken at this critical time’.
To help you pray, June Freudenberg, Elim’s Parliamentary Prayer Representative, has produced some prayer points in relation to the current Brexit situation.
- Let us recognise that God makes the nations.
‘…and that He will set you high above all nations which He has made.’ Dt 26:19
- God appointed a place for Israel as He has for every nation
‘Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them…’ 2 Sam 7:10
- We need to give recognition to the boundaries of each nation including Britain.
And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth and has determined their pre-appointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings. Acts 17:26
- As British borders are re-defined, let us pray for wisdom as to how those borders are to be reclaimed and re-established.
A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. Psalm 110:10 (b)
- Pray for wisdom that in breaking off from the European Union authority, that there will be healing on both sides.
Restore us, O God; Cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved. Ps 80:3
- Good government is God’s plan for every nation. God has given to each nation positions of authority for the advantage of that nation. The people who are put into those positions are our responsibility. Let us support them in prayer that God may guide them in the way that they should go.
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority. 1Tim 2:1-2
- Pray for godly wisdom and understanding for those in authority.
I, wisdom, dwell with prudence and find out knowledge and discretion. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom; I am understanding, I have strength. By me kings reign and rulers decree justice. By me, princes rule, and nobles, all the judges of the earth. Proverbs 8:12-16
- As we pray for those in authority it is that personal needs of a good quality of life for everyone are achieved.
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 1 Tim 2:2 (b)
- Brexit will bring a period with a degree of disruption and re-alignment not only throughout Britain but throughout Europe as a whole. Let us pray that this will be achieved with understanding, patience and a sense of common purpose.
I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with long suffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavouring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace. Eph 4: 1-3
You may also download the prayers to share with others.
Click on the below image to view or download a pdf.