From our friends at Neighbourhood Prayer Network
See our recent article, Six Miles with Jesus over the Summer Holidays for details –Click here.
Mile walk, week commencing 30th July – Pray for our Children
Every single child in the UK is now hopefully enjoying the six week holidays. This week we pray for their safety over the summer break and thank God for the work of the church.
- If you live in urban areas, simply walk one mile around your area.
- If you live in a rural area, consider praying over a map.
- If you are unable to walk, please pray in your mind about the local area.
- Thank God for every child in your local area and for the schools that they attend.
- Pray for the protection of school buildings over summer and for the protection of all children on local roads, streets and play areas. Protect them from anyone who might harm them intentionally.
- Thank you for all the churches across the country who are providing children with food this summer….a significant minority of children will struggle to eat this summer due to poverty and churches across the UK are other voluntary organisations are helping with this.
- Protect children from the influence of local gangs or from disharmony in their homes.
- Help parents on low incomes find cheap ways of entertaining their child and use this as an opportunity to spend quality time with them.
- Thank you for grandparents and the role they have in looking after children not just in summer, but all year round.
- Thank you for all the Sunday schools and youth groups locally, pray a blessing on them and for God’s love to shine through.
- Look out for children this summer, keep an eye out on your street – who is around, are they okay and pray for them. Try to be understanding if children are playing games in your street or things keep landing in your garden!
- Look after elderly people in the heat- is your house cooler or could you lend them fans etc?
- If you know of any ‘Messy church’ or church events for children and families, could you encourage a neighbour to attend?
Next week we are praying for the elderly and those in bad health as the heatwave continues.
Neighbourhood Prayer Network