From our friends at Neighbourhood Prayer Network
See our recent article, Six Miles with Jesus over the Summer Holidays for details – Click here.
This week’s Mile walk – Pray for our Churches
(Apologies but we should have been posted at the beginning of this week, but it’s not too late to walk and pray):
If you are able, go for a mile walk this week, praying a blessing over all the churches that you come across and praying for all their congregations.
- Pray for new encounters with God for people struggling to cling to their faith and new commitment to follow Jesus wholeheartedly.
- Pray for the welfare and prayer life of the local minister.
- Pray for the church to be a magnetic community, where people who are not yet Christians are amazed by the love and friendship within churches.
- Pray for Christians to be more like Jesus and not compromise their lifestyles to fit in with culture.
- Pray for Christians to offer genuine friendships to one another so that those without faith become ‘jealous’ of the love shown between Christians.
- Pray for churches to be more like the Acts 2 church.
- Pray for God to stir the hearts of many to follow Him and for the church to be ready!
- Find out if there are any joint services with other churches in the area and try to join in.
- Think about your relationships with people in your church, how well do you know them? Are you just a Sunday or home group friend? Can you be counted to maintain a friendship when people are struggling or need your help? What do you like most about your best friendships and what would you like to see better?
- Ask God to connect you with someone who needs genuine friendship in the Christian community this summer.
- Would you feel comfortable inviting any of your friends or family who does not yet know Jesus to your church or a local church? Whatever the answer speak to God about what is good and what is bad.
Neighbourhood Prayer Network